I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gangs in prison

This is probably something I should have realized years ago, but I’m realizing it more and more in prison.

I look around and I see all these gangs in prison – wearing their clothes a certain way or having gang tattoos – but I don’t see what they can offer you.


They say they can offer protection, but to me that just puts a target on your head. They also say theirs [the name of their gang] softly in numbers. Well most of the fights I see are gang-related and there are hardly ever more than two people fighting – while the rest of their gangs just stand around and watch.


It is a little different on the street. Gangs on the street tend to be more loyal to the gang, but like I said in the beginning – they don’t have anything to offer.


Sure they’ll say you could make money and have girls, but is it worth it? I’d rather find a girl who wants nothing to do with gangs and doesn’t care if I’m rich.


Just look at what you get offered to join a gang and then look at what life has to offer you not being in a gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment