I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shake downs

Since I’ve been here nothing has been stolen from me, at least not by an inmate.

A couple of times a week, the COs come in and search through everybody’s stuff.


The first time they did it while I was here, my roommate had a Ramen noodle soup and a razor blade under his bed right next to each other. Neither was hidden.


So the COs came in and did their search – and took his Ramen noodles, but left the razor blade. I guess the CO was hungry.


Every time they do a shakedown, they take somebody’s cigarettes and food. It doesn’t seem like they’re looking for contraband because they never take the contraband out. Only food and cigarettes.


Must be nice to get free food and cigarettes whenever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment