I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, October 26, 2009

Last letter from Orlando reception center

October 14th

Mom,

I’m going to make this quick. Last night I wrote you a five-page letter. I’m not going to send it out yet because I was transferred to Orlando reception center and I only have one envelope left.

Like I said, they transferred me to Orlando. They tell me I’ll only be here ‘til Friday so don’t bother writing me here. Also Sunday night, I sent you five blogs then four more Tuesday night. Let me know if you get all of them. Also put money on my account the second you get this letter. If you put money on my account Friday or before, put like an extra $10 on Saturday or Sunday because it takes two weeks to get my money from one camp to another.

Tonight is Wednesday. I’ll leave on Friday, but make sure on the computer. I already know you will.

Well oh yea, in that other letter I answered every question in your letter. I’ll send it out when I get an envelope. I know stamps are expensive, but I may need more also. I’m OK for now. I’ve got about 10 left.

Love you lots. Pray for me.

Your favorite son, Teddy

P.S. I would send the other letter out with this one, but I don’t know if this will make it to you because the envelope is a little messed up.

This was the last communication I received from Ted besides the list of commissary items he sent. I never did get the other letter. I sent him 30 more envelopes, sheets of paper and three books of stamps right after I received this on 10/17.

1 comment:

  1. Ted, here's my issue with this post. You are demanding that your mother put money on your commissary. You display a sense of entitlement. You aren't entitled to your mother putting money on your account. You could ask her if she'd be willing to do that for you. And if your mother feels your attitude and behavior while incarcerated warrants a reward, then she has a choice if she would like to reward you. I understand you aren't being fed a lot of food there and are often hungry. There are lots of hungry people in the world. You will live. But you need to stop acting entitled and she needs to stop jumping at your demands. Sorry. I will reveal a little about myself now. I have a 22 year old son who is on a similar road as yourself and his entitlement attitude is blatant as well. Did I contribute to that sense of entitlement while raising him. I'm sure, and his grandmother certainly did. Did society contribute to your generations sense of entitlement as well, I'm sure it did. We are working on reversing that attitude.

    ReplyDelete