I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, October 5, 2009

Prison guards

Let me start off by saying the guards in the county jail suck, but the guards in prison are way worse.

In county jail, the guards can only put their hands on you for two reasons: one for fighting, and two, if you try to escape. But in prison the guards can put their hands on you just because you looked at them wrong.


It seems like the guards in prison are supposed to be in a bad mood 24/7. It doesn’t even matter if you’re doing what you’re supposed to do – they still yell at you for something anyway.


And another thing – I haven’t heard a guard speak yet without cursing. It’s always “F this” and “F that”, and “you stupid whiteboy M&%$# Fer”.


I still don’t understand why they keep calling me a whiteboy like it’s a bad thing. The thing that doesn’t make the most sense is the guards calling me a whiteboy are WHITE!


Well that’s a prison guard in a nutshell.


Photo: Andy Dufresne and a prison guard in The Shawshank Redemption

2 comments:

  1. Please know that you are being prayed for every day. Keep your eyes on the Lord and don't be discouraged (I KNOW that it is hard). Love, Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete
  2. It almost sounds like basic training in the military; the drill sgts always trying to break the newbies; its definitely not a surprise to see alot those guards were prob ex-military and thats where they learn that bs; just ingnore the insults keep quiet do what ur suppose to do and yes your in our prayers..God bless ya Ted

    ReplyDelete