I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sick in prison

I’ve been sick the last three days, and for the whole three days, I’ve been asking the correctional officers (COs) for Tylenol.

They keep telling me they’ll do it when they aren’t so busy, but for some reason I still ain’t got any.
I can’t see too much from my cell, but from what I can see, the correctional officers are never busy. They just sit around spitting out tobacco.
Now I know it’s their job to make us not want to come back, but the least they can do is get me some Tylenol.
My head and body won’t stop hurting and the more I complain about it, the less they come around my cell.
Also besides not being able to get medicine, the worst part about being sick in here is having to walk to and from the dining hall and having to sit out on the rec field for about two hours in the hot sun.

3 comments:

  1. As a new mom to a beautiful little boy, I don't know how you handle this . Good for you for sticking by your son. If he ever wants a post on genpop.org let me know. I would be honored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is vengeant. Your illness is down to your crimes. Repent and let Him into your heart, and he will be foregiving.

    Or not. Depends on his mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey its me again...I hope that you get better soon! Just keep doing what you are doing and keep out of trouble...life may be hard now but when you get out you can start over and make things right!

    ReplyDelete