I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, October 8, 2009

Letter from RMC #1

I received one letter today from Ted, but no blog entries. He said he sent them separately in case some of them are confiscated. Hopefully I'll get them tomorrow. So here are parts of his letter:

Mom,

I got your $50 that you put in. Thank you.

Right now I'm in a two-man cell and my roommate is a white kid who's my age. He's cool. We play a lot of cards. It's all there is to do.

I pretty much explained where I was in my last letter. It's just like every prison you see on TV except dirtier. Nothing works right.

Also I have a pretty decent mattress and pillow, but who can sleep when people are constantly shouting from cell to cell all night.

Some things I'm allowed to get are books from book dealers or book publishers, pictures, stamp and envelopes (I got yours Thanks), and a watch and necklace under $50 apiece.

While I'm at this camp they aren't doing anything about my wisdom teeth so I'm going to get it done at my main camp.

Well, I guess I'll tell you everything else in my blogs.

I love you a lot and miss you. Pet Cocoa for me.

Your favorite son,

Teddy

Photo: Ted's dog Cocoa

No comments:

Post a Comment