I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Prison life

Right now I’m in a two-man cell. It’s 23-hour lockdown and there’s no A/C, so I’m always sweating.

Every day the guards wake us up at 5 a.m. and walk us to the chow hall. Actually believe it or not, the food is better here than in the county jail, but unlike the county jail, you have at the most 5 minutes to eat. I’m still trying to learn to eat fast.


Also when you eat, you can’t talk or even look at the person next to you. I don’t know if it’s like that at every prison, but that’s how it is here.


After breakfast we go back to our cells ‘til about noon, Then we go to lunch. Then after that, guess what? We get to go back to our cells ‘til about 5 p.m. for dinner. I bet you can’t guess what we do after that. You’re right! We go back to our cells.


Once or twice a week after dinner, we get to go to canteen (commissary) and buy food, sodas, cigarettes, etc…


All in all, time drags by.


Right now my earliest release date is July 12, 2010, but they can’t hold me longer than October 29, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment