I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, October 10, 2009

No books are to be sent to the Reception and Medical Center

I called RMC – Main on Friday morning and spoke with Ted’s prison case manager. Ted had written that he was allowed to have books sent to him, so I ordered five books from book publishers on eBay. His case manager told me he was not allowed to receive books at the reception center. He had to wait until he went to his permanent facility. I asked what would happen to the five books I sent to him. She said they would go into the prison’s library. Ted doesn’t have access to the library. It must be just for permanent residents of the prison.

The case manager also said that he would be moved within five weeks. He arrived at RMC – Main on September 29th and he will be there five weeks as of November 3rd.

I also asked when he would be able to call home. He has to fill out a phone form before he can call home. Calls can’t be made to cell phones.

1 comment:

  1. So instead of RETURNING them, the PRISON STOLE those books???

    Isn't tampering with the mail a FEDERAL crime??

    If he can't get them, that is the rule. But for them to take the items, anyway is THEFT.

    What models of VIRTUE these correctional people are. This is the USA, not Gitmo, not China.

    From what I read, they violated FEDERAL LAW by retaining those books. You'd think they'd know a LITTLE bit about right and wrong.

    More proof of a system that needs more than a tweak or two...

    They stole from this person and family and don't even blink twice about it. That's cocky. That means they think they can't be touched.

    Ted, keep writing, keep remembering so you can write THE TRUTH when you get out.

    Wouldn't it FEEL GOOD to put those clowns OUT OF WORK???

    Cops that steal, how muh lower does this go???

    Like I said before, YOU are the better person. Hang onto that, don't let go.

    ReplyDelete