I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, October 15, 2009

Car search

This entry was written back in August when Ted was still in the Pinellas County Jail.

One night as I was driving to work, I was pulled over for having a headlight out.

Anyway, the cop ran my license and everything checked out okay. When he gave me back my license, he asked me if I had anything illegal in the car. I told him no – even though I did.


He asked me if he could search my car and again I told him no.

Then he told me to step out of the car because he was going to search my car anyway. Those were his exact words.


Even though he had no right to search my car, I was still wrong ‘cause I shouldn’t have had weed in my car.

Naturally, I was arrested and taken to jail.

1 comment:

  1. Where is the LAWYER???

    This is a BLATANT 4th Amendment violation.

    There was no probable cause to search the vehicle....

    So we have cops who steal, cops who are sadistic and abusive, now cops who use The Constitution as a doormat.

    Any attorney should have had this case tossed, with one sentence....

    You may both have been wrong, but the Officer should know the limits he has. Smoking weed is far lass harmful than trampling on our FOUNDING DOCUMENTS.

    ReplyDelete