I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, October 2, 2009

First day in prison

This is the first blog I’ve wrote since I got to prison. I’m currently at Lake Butler, and to be honest – I have no idea where that is.

In the last few blogs, I said that I would have to watch what I write and that I would have to keep it PG-13. Now I actually realize how much stuff I can’t write about without correctional officers taking my letters. Instead of PG-13, I’m going to have to keep them rated G.


It’s now my second day here and it feels like months.


Within minutes of arriving here, I found myself standing in a room naked with about 20 other guys being strip searched.


The rest of my first day consisted of sitting on a wood bench in my boxers – being yelled at. I know they’re just trying to scare us, but to be honest – it’s starting to work.


Also throughout my first day, they gave me a hard time about my gang tattoos. They don’t even care if I was in a gang or not. Just the fact I had tattoos that even looked gang related.


By the way – keep in mind that I’m keeping the details to the barest minimum. My first day was pure hell and it’s only just begun…

(Stay tuned for more horrific details.)

Photos: Prison intake mug shot; Tattoos: "Courage an Honor" and "The World is Mine"

1 comment:

  1. your in our prayers..What dont break yah makes yah.."one day at a time"..If in when ur able to hope u can get ur hands on Bible..alot of encouragement..God bless you

    ReplyDelete