I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, October 29, 2009

Being transferred

Before I was transferred here to Brevard, I spent exactly three weeks at Lake Butler. I didn't even think I'd be leaving for at least another week or two. Out of nowhere at 3 a.m., the CO came and woke me up and told me I was being transferred.

I got dressed and packed my stuff. Then after waiting 20 minutes, the CO opened my cell and I went downstairs to eat breakfast. After that, I was led to the transfer and receiving room to sign papers and get a nice pair of ankle bracelets called shackles.

I was led to a big white bus. I got on. I thought I was going to my main camp, but it turns out they were just bringing me to the Central Florida Reception Center (C.F.R.C.) in Orlando.

I only spent two days there until I was transferred again, but this time I was going to my main camp: Brevard Correctional Institution.


Photo: Central Florida Reception Center, Orlando

No comments:

Post a Comment