I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, October 19, 2009

Showers in Lake Butler

This was written before Ted left for the Orlando reception center.

I am currently being held at Lake Butler RMC – Main. I am in I block, which is the old isolation dorm.
Here we get three showers a week – which last anywhere from 30 – 60 seconds, depending on what time we start.
Because it’s so hot in here and there’s no A/C, as soon as you get out of the shower you’re sweating again and it’s just like you never took any kind of shower in the first place.
When you get in these showers, it’s always either too hot or too cold.
The showers are two-man showers separated by bars.
It’s really hard getting used to showering with another person next to you.
I suppose it could be worse. Maybe?

3 comments:

  1. Mabee you'll run in to big mama hurt his really fun in the showers

    ReplyDelete
  2. r you still there my son was just sent there

    ReplyDelete
  3. More troublesome humiliation behavior by our prison system. I'm starting to get the picture why our recidivism rate is so high. A lot of prisoners have a respect issue towards people, especially authority. This sure isn't the way to teach them respect. Our politicians have shoved down the American people's throats that prisons are set up to punish and these people are horrible and deserve to be there. Well, there are lots of horrible people there but I'm not talking about the murderers, rapists, child molesters, etc. In America, where we are only 5% of the worlds population, we have 25% of the worlds incarcerated people. Most of them there because of drugs. This is how you think you are going to get people away from drugs? No. This will lead these prisoners towards more drugs when they get out to cope with the psychological damage from the experience they had in prison.

    ReplyDelete