I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Going to the box

The cobwebs finally cleared from the mailbox!

I'm no longer at Lake Butler. I'm currently being held at Brevard Correctional Institution in Cocoa, FL.

After only two days of being here, I ended up in the box. I didn't get in any trouble, but I can't really talk about why I'm in here until I get out. All I can say is there was 6 - 7 people that wanted to jump me pretty much because I'm white. It's not that I was scared or anything, it's just that I refuse to get sucked back into gangs or violence.

After ending up in the box, though, I regret coming here. There's nothing to do all day, and there's no telling how long I'm going to be here.

I can still buy canteen, get mail, send mail, and receive books at least. Other than that, I'm stuck looking at the same four walls.

I'm in a two-man cell again, except this time I'm the 3rd person in the room, so I have to sleep on the floor. It's so over-crowded. This dorm only holds 80 people, but they got 116 people crammed in here.

Anyway, hopefully I will get out of the box in about three weeks. I hope.


Photo: solitary confinement cells in a CA prison

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing wrong with feeling afraid when you feel threatened of personally injury. It's a normal feeling. There's nothing wrong with admitting that fear. Being "tough" doesn't mean not feeling fear. Being "tough" means being able to cope with feelings and accept them as part of the human psyche.

    P.S. I am totally against overcrowding!

    ReplyDelete