I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, November 5, 2009

Problems with the mail at Brevard?

There’s still no letter from Ted.

Apparently other people also have problems receiving mail from their relatives at Brevard, according to Prison Talk.


I’ve heard from more than one source that Brevard C.I. is the worst place you can be sent to in Florida. Fights break out every day.


One person wrote on Prison Talk:


I was lucky to get my son out of there. If your loved one is in Brevard, keep very close tabs on them! If you don't hear from them, call and find out why. They could be in confinement. They are supposed to be able to write but that is not always the case. You have to let people there know someone is watching them...someone is interested in the welfare of that inmate and is keeping up with what is going on with him. The problem isn't "fights". Unless you call getting attacked by four gang members, who are armed, a fight. It's not fights. It's beatings and horrible injuries. Not to try to scare you but just to let you know very serious injuries are coming to RMC from Brevard...very serious.

Another wrote:

Well when he first gets there he will go through orientation. He will be fine there. That usually lasts about a week. Then once he gets into general population it gets tough....at least for the first few weeks. From what I have been told is he will have to fight. There are alot of gangs in there, he should just stay to himself.

Its tough in there for my boyfriend. I havent had any problems with the guards but inside there they are tough on them. But from what my boyfriend says the gangs run the prison. The gangs pay the guards money to basically turn there back on certain things. There isnt alot of cameras in there so there is alot of fights.

A mom added:

My son was attacked and robbed - within minutes of arriving in his cell - by four guys who were armed. Try your best to get him transferred to another facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment