I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Orlando Reception Center

The Central Florida Reception Center in Orlando is a lot bigger than Lake Butler, but in my opinion, Lake Butler was way nicer. There we get canteen almost every day, but here we don’t. I’ve only been here a day, but I know we don’t get canteen much.

Also at Lake Butler, people were allowed to smoke, but you can’t here, unless you’re on the Adult side. Right now they’ve got me with 18 – 24 year olds. Everybody in that range is consider a Youthful Offender.

The thing I hate most about this place is they make us march. They did that at Lake Butler too, but here they go overboard with it. I can’t wait to leave here.

Our cells aren’t bars like Lake Butler either. There are doors controlled with an electronic lock.

At least there’s a dayroom here. At Lake Butler there wasn’t. They dayroom here sucks though. There isn’t enough room for everybody to sit and the only channel they watch is the Spanish Channel. Nobody here is even Spanish!

Just like Lake Butler, it’s always hot. There isn’t any A/C. We’ve got a window in the room though. I’m not sure what purpose it serves because you can’t see out of it.

I’m still learning about this place. I just got here yesterday, but I won’t learn too much because I’m leaving tomorrow.

Ted was sent to Brevard for a few weeks and returned to the Orlando Reception Center for two more weeks before being sent to Lancaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment