I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, November 16, 2009

The Box

So far I’ve sent Ted 11 books – including a $50 Bible – and he hasn’t received ANY of them.

I’ve been here at Brevard C.I. for two weeks now and I’ve gotten a few letters from family and friends asking what the compound is like.

I can’t tell them.

I was only on the compound for two days and for those two days, I spent them in my dorm.

The rest of the time I spent in a cell which they call ‘The Box’. All I can tell my family is what shade of white the walls are and how many bricks are on the walls. Other than that, they probably know more about this place than me. (Oh yea, please nobody send me info about this place. I don’t need any attempted escape charges.)

Being in this cell 24 hours a day – never coming out – gives being bored a whole new meaning. I keep going from one side of the cell to another every couple of hours just for a little change of scenery.

I have nothing to do all day except talk to my roommate. We talked so much though, that we literally ran out of things to say. We told each other our life stories in a matter of days.

I hope I can go back on the compound soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment