I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I miss the most

Being incarcerated makes a person realize all the things they took for granted on the outside.

I miss some of the littlest things – like being able to use the bathroom without other people in the room or being able to get up whenever I want and go to the refrigerator. I also miss just sitting in the house on a rainy day playing cards or a board game with my family.

Really what I miss the most is not having someone tell me when to eat, sleep and go outside.

Even though I miss being out of prison, I thank God that I only have nine months left. There’s a lot of people in her that won’t ever be seeing the streets again.

So everything that I miss on the outside will still be there waiting for me.

To my family: “I’ll be home soon.”

1 comment: