I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, November 23, 2009

Getting things done

Since I first got to prison at the end of September, I’ve been trying to get two request forms, but it seems like everywhere I’ve been, they’re all out. I haven’t seen one since I’ve been here.

I need to fill out a request form to Classification so they can give me a visitation application form to send to my family. I also need a request form so I can see the dentist and get my wisdom tooth pulled. It’s killing me.

I just don’t understand how I’ve been here a month, but haven’t been able to fill out a request form to save my life.

I wouldn’t be that concerned about it, but the longer it takes me to get the visitation form, the longer it will be until I see my family.

Once I finally get the visitation form filled out by my mom, it could still take a couple of months to get approved. It takes forever to get anything done.

Update: Ted visited a prison doctor who refused to pull his wisdom tooth, saying it was not necessary. Brevard did finally send me visitation forms and I saved one. I made a copy and sent it to Lancaster already last week. But I probably won’t see Ted until after Thanksgiving and Christmas are over. I last saw Ted on September 9, 2009 at the Pinellas County Jail over a video visitation phone. The last time I saw Ted in person was October 30, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment