I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, November 21, 2009

The bus ride

After the guards got their guns from the front gate, we left Lake Butler. We took a bunch of side roads until we got onto the interstate. A lot of people were smoking cigarettes the whole time.

I spent my time looking out the window watching the cars. It had been a year since I got to watch traffic go by. On my last bus ride, we couldn’t see much of anything because it was night.

The whole time I just watched the cars. The trip took about three hours I think.

I noticed that when we got there, it wasn’t a permanent camp. It was another reception center.

We got off the bus, walked through some gates and were strip searched. After that, we went inside and were given a bed roll. Then they took us to our dorm.

This place [CFRC- Main in Orlando] is so much worse than the last place. I’m glad I’ll only be here for two days. I’ll be going to my permanent camp on Friday.

It turned out Brevard was even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment