I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, November 13, 2009

Youthful Offenders

Today I received three letters from Ted – 22 pages in all! (When it rains, it pours!) Two letters were from Lake Butler, where Ted was before Brevard. One letter was from the CFRC in Orlando, where Ted was after Brevard.

I also received another one of my letters back that I mailed to Ted. That is the third letter so far that was returned to me. When I mail letters, I usually include 10 pieces of paper, 10 envelopes and a book of stamps – and it costs $4.95 for postage per letter. This particular letter was returned because “Mail establishes or conducts business”. I’m assuming that the “business conducted” was me telling Ted that ABC News was interested in interviewing him and he needed to sign a consent form. So far, that’s $14.85 in postage down the drain. Actually, it’s double that – I re-mailed the previous two letters and will have to send this one out again – minus any mention of “business,” that is.

When I went to court to be sentenced, I was not sentenced as a Youthful Offender. I was sentenced to Straight DOC [Department of Corrections].

Now for some reason, I’m in with all the YOs.

YOs are still at the same prisons as everybody else – it’s just that they are in a different dorm.

I would much rather be with the adults, because the YOs act like little kids. Plus they have to march everywhere they go. It gets real old, real fast.

3 comments:

  1. This BLOG is a LIFELINE, and it would appear that FDOC has taken notice.

    I hope that Ted can help with the REFORM of this broken and corrupt system with his honest 'reporting' and inside look.

    Is pretty obvious that DOC is AFRAID of what people may find out.

    God often works like this, tkae something bad and make something good come from it.

    Ted's development as a writer is striking and I truly think that once he is OUT, He should be telling the powers that be, the stuff he is NOT allowed to even write now.

    I'd certainly like to see MORE of him and hear the REAL story of what is going on in there, as do many others.

    He has the power to change hearts and minds, that is a GIFT and should be put to its best use.

    Keep your head low, bud.

    StPeteRickster

    ReplyDelete
  2. youthful offenders face tough questions our free TALK Wh ITH THE LORD program inspires daily talks catch they need your help with first question our blog helps g hubbard po box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 http://talkwiththelord.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. youthful offenders face tough questions our free TALK Wh ITH THE LORD program inspires daily talks catch they need your help with first question our blog helps g hubbard po box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 http://talkwiththelord.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete