I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, November 27, 2009

A bad week

Today is November 17th and I’m here at the Orlando Reception Center a week longer than I thought I’d be. I guess the prison didn’t do transfers last Wednesday because of Veteran’s Day, so hopefully I’ll be leaving in the morning.

This last week has been one of the worst weeks so far. As it turns out, somebody found out that I used to be in a gang, so immediately I had a target on my head.

I was approached by five or six Blood gang members and they questioned me about my status. I told them that I folded my flag, but that made them even more mad. Then they told me to spit my knowledge, so I did. I’m not sure why, but they got angry. I think because I know more than them. I’m just guessing though.

Their questioning ended with them telling me they were going to jump me with locks in socks. So of course I got worried, but I still stuck around. I figured I’d be better off than if I ran and told a CO. So for the last week, I’ve been watching behind me more than in front of me.

After a week though, I’ve come to the conclusion that they’re not about that. I showed them I wasn’t scared of them, so I think I’m going to be okay.

Plus I’ll be leaving in the morning most likely, so I’m done worrying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment