I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, November 14, 2009

Passing time

It's amazing some of the things you come up with when you're locked in a cell all day.

The last room I was in had a chess board made out of toothpaste - so my roommate and I made checker pieces.

After we played checkers over 1,000 times, we made dice out of wet toilet paper. That got real boring real quick though.

We got so bored that we actually took two Styrofoam cups, ran a string from one to the other and made an elementary walkie talkie. Haha! I know it's stupid, but we were bored.

We even played tic-tac-toe and hangman - at least when we had a pen to use.

The COs only pass out pens for an hour every three or four days.

The last thing we made is a deck of cards out of regular writing paper. They're garbage, but they'll do. We just need them to pass time.

No comments:

Post a Comment