I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Letter dated November 5, 2009

Hiya Mom,

Sorry I haven’t written you in two weeks, but I haven’t had a pen.

This morning I was transferred back to Orlando and next week I’ll be going to Lake Butler for a week or two until I go to another camp. I’ll probably be going to either Lancaster or Lake City. Both are up in North Florida.

You said in your last letter that somebody was stabbed at Brevard in 2003. Well that may be true, but there has been a lot more since then also. It’s nothing but gang violence everywhere.

So even though Lancaster and Lake City are farther away, it’s safer. Plus I want to try to go to the work camp at Lancaster. It’ll be more laid back there and nobody is trying to get in trouble.

Right now I have 20 stamped envelopes left. I somehow lost 15 on my way here. Just so you know.

Also, I am sending five blogs I wrote before I went in the box and another I wrote in the box, so you should get 10 blogs altogether. I’m also sending a visitation form. It’s from Brevard, so I don’t know if it’s any good. If you can, try to call Lake Butler and find out. I wouldn’t see why it’s not any good. They all have to go to Tallahassee anyway. I’ll get more at my next main camp just in case.

Oh yea, my classification officer said to have you make copies of the visitation form. She said that’s okay.

Last but not least, I’m working on my phone list, but I can’t turn it in until I get my telephone pin number. I’m going to try to do that at Lake Butler. Ahhh, it’s so hard to get things done.

Anyway, I’m going to answer all those questions you asked me when I get to my next main camp.

Love you and miss you and I hope I can see you soon.

Love Teddy

P.S. I never did get those books and probably won’t.

I mailed visitation forms back to Brevard on November 3th and to Lancaster on November 20th. I haven't yet been approved for visitation. I guess I won't be seeing Ted on Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. To: Ted and Ted's Mum

    I can imagine how it feels to be in jail as i had been in there for 2 weeks, i am from malaysia btw and the prison here totally sucks monkey balls too.

    Even though i am out of there now, i am still dealing in the drug business since law in malaysia is extremely corrupted and no one stays in prison as long as you can afford to pay.

    But reading your blog has put a different thought into my mind, if a kid younger then me can take the initiative to change for the better i belive i can do so too...

    I hope that you and me will be a better person in future, good luck.

    ReplyDelete