I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Why I write

I feel like I need to make my intentions clear. I don’t write because the prison system is messed up and the COs mistreat inmates on a daily basis – although it’s true. I write because I want to help anyone who may be following my same path.

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t agree with the way the prisons are run, and I think something should be done, and hey, if I succeed at doing that, even if it’s a small change, then great.

But the main reason I write about things I see in prison is so that others who haven’t been here yet will realize that this place is not where they want to end up. That’s the main reason I continue to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment