I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My permanent camp

Yesterday on November 18th, I was transferred to Lancaster Correctional Institution. This is the fourth prison I’ve been to. Out of these four, two of them have been Reception Centers, and now I’m at my second main camp.

For my first two weeks here I have to go through a two-week orientation. Two weeks isn’t long, but it’s horrible.

For most of my first day, I stood up on my feet and was forced to do PT (physical training). They had us outside in a sandpit running laps, doing push-ups, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, and six-inch killers which were the worst.

It wasn’t so bad for the first hour, but it must have kept going for at least another hour and a half. At least two and a half hours altogether.

All I’m trying to focus on right now is finishing this orientation and then I’m eligible to go straight to the work camp across the street. From what I’m told, I’ll be going straight there. I sure hope so. All this PT is killing me.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the best part. Right before we started to do PT, the CO told us that if we spit or throw up in the sand pit, we would have to pick it up with our hands and put it in our pocket. It’s a disgusting thought, but I have to be honest – I kinda wanted to see someone have to put vomit in their pocket, but nobody had to.

Photo: Entrance to Lancaster C.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment