I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, December 18, 2009

Time

I keep telling myself I only have eight more months, but sometimes it seems like it’s never going to get here.

At other times, it seems like time is flying, but the pages of my calendar don’t turn over fast enough.

I heard a lot of people ask me how much time I had. I’d tell them I got 24 months, but I have about eight months left. And then they’d say, “Oh you’re practically home.” Sure it makes me feel good to hear that, but I don’t feel close to going home.

Hey, I guess it could be worse. I could have 4 – 5 years to do or 15 – Life. At least I’ll be home next year. Sure it’s not that soon, but it’s not that long either.

No comments:

Post a Comment