I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, December 21, 2009

Moved to Lancaster work camp

After two weeks being in orientation here at Lancaster, I was finally moved across the street to the work camp. It feels so good to be here and off the main compound.

Here at the work camp, we get to go to rec (recreation) three times a day, and not many people here do anything stupid to get in trouble because everybody wants to stay here.

I’ve already been assigned a job. I work in the kitchen, the job a lot of people want because you get to eat all day. I got really lucky with that job. I’m not sure when I start yet, but I hope it’s soon. I can’t wait.

Another good thing is you can buy canteen (commissary) every day. That’s good considering that your stuff may be stolen if you don’t have a lock for your locker. So far, nothing’s been stolen from me since I’ve been at Lancaster, but hey, this is prison.

Overall though, I’m happy I finally made it to the work camp and now the days should start to fly by.

Photo: Google Earth aerial photo of Lancaster work camp (Click to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment