I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Holidays

I’ve got to say – holidays are the worst when you’re incarcerated. It’s not just the day that sucks. It’s the whole week or two leading up to the holiday.

I can’t help but think about how I’m missing being able to be with my family. I wonder what everybody ate on Thanksgiving or if they set off fireworks and had a barbeque on the 4th of July.

Christmas is always the worst for me. All the COs start getting in the Christmas spirit. I see ads in the newspaper for Christmas bargains, and worst of all, I have to spend Christmas and every other holiday with a bunch of people I don’t really care about.

I’ve spent too many holidays locked up and I can’t take it anymore. From now on, I’m going to be out to spend holidays with my family.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ted! I hope it is the best Christmas it can possibly be, and glad it is your last one locked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog I found your blog in PTO, im a member there, im minimaugirl.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice. While your in there, why not tell others the true meaning of Christmas. Focus on what you can do instead of what you can't do. Just some thoughts.

    ReplyDelete