I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, December 14, 2009

Late night fight

Right now I’m housed in an open bay dorm. So everybody sleeps in one big room. There’s about 40 – 60 people in here on average.

Anyway, last night as I was asleep, I woke up to somebody screaming “What the &%$*. Help me, Help!” So I jumped up and looked.

Four beds down from me, this big white guy had another littler guy pinned down and he just kept hitting him in the face over and over. Nobody even tried to stop him. He must of hit him at least 30 times in the face without the other guy being able to block his shots.

Finally, the CO ran in and gassed both of them. Their spray is so strong it affected EVERYBODY in the dorm. I kept choking on it.

When the guy who got beat up finally stood up, he was unrecognizable and covered from head to toe in blood. I don’t even know how he was conscious, let alone able to stand up.

I have to say that was one of the worst beatings I’ve ever seen in my life. After everything was over, nobody could figure out why he even beat the other guy up. Those two people never argued once. They actually seemed to get along.

I’m just waiting to see what will happen next.

Ted told me that at Brevard, a correctional officer told him that a kid was stabbed 22 times one day during the last week he was there. Ted hasn’t heard if the kid survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment