I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Monday, December 7, 2009

The best Thanksgiving ever

OK, so I’m in prison and that sucks, but still under these circumstances, I still had the best Thanksgiving I ever had.

Today I saw my mom for the first time in person in 13 months. She just sent in the visitation forms [to Lancaster] not even two weeks ago and yesterday, the day before Thanksgiving, she was approved over the phone.

I was positive that she couldn’t come today. I was just hoping she’d be approved before Christmas. I was so surprised, I just couldn’t believe it!

We sat there in visitation for almost six hours and I had a blast. I almost forgot what it was like to hug my mom. It felt so good.

This Thanksgiving meant more to me than any other one I’ve had or probably will have. This is just one of many examples of how God can do anything.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to have stumbled across our blog. I have a 17 year old son who is currently at the reception center in Chipley. He has a two year sentence and is on the list for Sumter Boot Camp. Just found out today that he will be going to Lancaster until space opens up at boot camp. I was searching for info on Lancaster to send to him so this is very helpful. Thanks and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...I think that should have been "your" blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it helps. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at teeninjail@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandson is in Lancaster work camp. After reading your story I feel better about where he is at. Thanks and also good luck to you. Just remember to make good choices.

    ReplyDelete