I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finding friends

One thing I’m making sure I do is pick my friends out more carefully.

Being in prison, I’m surrounded by people who have accepted their way of living and feel like nobody can tell them what to do. I’m not one of those people.

Sure I could become their friend, but I know that would only drag me back down to their level, and I’ve been there way too many times.

So now I’ve started picking the people I hang around with more wisely. All the people I put myself around are trying to fix themselves just like I am. Too bad there aren’t more people like that, but I have found three good people to be around. We all pray for each other and we all need it.

Unfortunately, I’m the only one going to the work camp, so I’m going to have to leave them behind to find new friends and that’s the hard part. If worse comes to worse, I’ll stick to myself, but I’m sure I’ll be okay no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment