I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, December 19, 2009

A time bomb waiting to happen

A little while ago, I wrote about a fight that was four bunks away from me in the orientation dorm. It was the one where a guy had someone else pinned down while he just kept hitting him in the face until they were both gassed.

Well, anyway on my last day in the dorm, both people who were involved moved back into the same dorm at the same time. Not only that, they were assigned bunks literally right next to each other! I couldn’t believe it. I would have thought that they would have wanted to keep them as far apart from each other as possible, but instead, they couldn’t have moved them any closer together than they are now. I just don’t understand why they’d do that.

Already the guy who got beat up is looking like he wants revenge and just like last time, I’m just going to sit back and watch.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing I can think of is they are trying to teach you that you will always come across people (especially at work) whom you do not like. However, it's a skill to develop in how you handle those people as to avoid conflict and violence.

    Although, given the severity of the events you describe, again, there is a better way the FLA DOC could accomplish this. A one hour class each and every day on conflict management. From what I understand about the Jail/Prison system, and I admit, it's not much, but all the guards do is stand around all day. Why can't they be doing double duty? Guarding and teaching?

    ReplyDelete