I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bo Bo's

When you first get to prison, you are issued everything you need. Among everything you get, a pair of shoes are included. These no-named shoes are widely known in prison as Bo Bo’s. They are the most uncomfortable and shortest-lasting shoes you will ever own.

I got a new pair of Bo Bo’s exactly one week ago and I looked at the bottom of my shoes today and I already have holes appearing in the bottom from having to march and run everywhere I go.

It will be too soon if I ever have to wear these stinking, holey and uncomfortable shoes again.

Photo: Ted at Lancaster C.I. on Thanksgiving Day. Visitors can purchase up to five photos at around $2 per photo. (Click photo to enlarge.)

1 comment:

  1. They CHARGE you to take a PHOTO???

    How F-ing deep does this corruption go??

    UNBELIEVABLE.

    Ted,

    When you get out, you write, my friend, you write EVERYTHING for OTHERS to see.

    People NEED to see what is going on, I think is why you have found YOUR writing skills. To help the ones you speak of and worry about and never hear from, again.

    This has to stop, people need to know the TRUTH, not what they believe to be true, what is ACTUALLY true.

    That is YOUR gift to share and hopefully make this a better world because of it.

    You have friends out here, more than you know.

    Hold on tight, keep writing, keep remembering, NEVER forget how much your Mom LOVES you.

    You were meant for bigger things, is quite obvious to me.

    ReplyDelete