I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A trip to the dentist

Every institution I’ve been to, I’ve had to go to the dentist about my two back teeth and every dentist I’ve seen says I’m fine and my teeth don’t need any work done.

Well last week I decided to try to talk to the dentist here at Lancaster with the hope that I’ll finally come across a dentist that actually knows what they’re doing.

Today I got called to the dentist and when I got there, I walked in, sat down and they took x-rays of my two back teeth. I fully expected that just like all the other dentists, they would say my teeth are fine even though they hurt.

When the dentist called me back in, she said, “You do have a cavity, but I don’t think that’s what your problem is. From what I can see, your wisdom tooth is coming in at an angle and pushing the tooth in front of it.”

I couldn’t believe she actually admitted there was something wrong with my teeth. So right then, she gave me two [temporary] fillings for my cavities and told me that if my pain was bothering me in a few days, to fill out another dental call out and they’ll have to ship me back to Lake Butler to cut my wisdom tooth out. I’m just glad something is finally being done.

Ted has been in a lot of pain since he wrote this entry. He’s trying to put it off as long as possible because he really doesn’t want to go to Lake Butler, even if it’s just for a few days. There’s no way he’ll be able to avoid it though.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ted,

    Hope your teeth work out well, wisdom teeth are a pain and I am glad you found a dentist that is willing to help you with them.

    As for your writing, I read your prior posts and I hope you don't think I am planning out your life for you. WHATEVER comes from your writing is a gift, even if it is just the lifeline you need to hold onto, for now - keep writing.

    Many people are following this and I DO think it will have a bigger effect than you realize, but that is not fair for me to decide that for you.

    Yes, you deserve abother chance at life because you have NEVER once written about blaming anyone else for your actions. It is quite obvious you are already a changed person from who you were, going in.

    Your writing IS your lifeline, regardless of what comes of it, PLEASE do not stop. You are doing the citizenry quite a service as a good side effect.

    Writing is good for helping you deal with your emotions, stopping to think about how to explain how you feel, puts you in a much better position to understand your feelings and better act on them.

    This crapola about you NOT deserving another chance is GARBAGE.

    Have you stabbed anyone in there?
    Beat anyone up?
    Steal anything from someone??

    You are head and shoulders above and as your writing improves, those facts continue to become more apparent.

    KEEP WRITING, is one of the best choices you have made and stuck to.

    Meditation is actually quite helpful, be it in prayer or just getting quiet and into your own self.

    YOU are quite gifted, and like many others, have learned some lessons the hard way. Your life has barely even begun, you have SO MUCH more to live. I know it is hard to see at your age.

    Stay the course, keep doing what you are doing and focus on your goals. You will have a rich and full life AFTER this, you just need to have the FAITH that it will happen.

    I certainly feel that you will not be back in the 'system' anytime soon, if ever, again.

    You most certainly deserve another chance, moreso than most, unless everything you have wrote is BS....

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything this kid is writing is bs are you kidding me look at this lil fucker 14 felonys as a youngster gangs and shit whatver pinellas park lil fella NO REAL GANGS this is a lil punk fucker that was seeking attention then and is seeking attention now ... wow what lil twerp......

    ReplyDelete