I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, December 10, 2009

A fight at the chow hall

Last night as we were getting up to put our trays up from eating, somebody from two tables away from me got up and walked calmly up to somebody at my table. He then just started punching the guy in the face and hitting him with his tray.

I immediately ran and stood along the wall because I knew the COs were coming and they were going to gas people. The gas they use is a very strong pepper spray that burns even more when you try and wash it off with water.

I guess the COs took into consideration that people were still eating, so they didn’t gas anybody, but they did throw the guy who punched the other guy onto the ground. They kicked him in the ribs a few times, then handcuffed him and put him in the box.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they actually showed some restraint??

    Sounds like they may have realized that someone is yielding a mightier weapon than they can macth.

    Ted's pen or pencil.

    Every post, people are reading and learning.

    Keep writing, keep your head low (Good instinct on getting to the wall, too).

    ReplyDelete