I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, December 22, 2009

First week at Lancaster work camp

I have now been here at the work camp a week and I’m starting to get settled in.

This place is way better than any of the other institutions I’ve been to. Even though it’s a pretty laid back camp, I spent my last week observing my surroundings. It’s a habit I’ve formed from being transferred a lot in the last several months.

Anyway, one thing I’ve noticed is there is still gang activity, but not much. They pretty much stick to themselves because it’s too sweet here and they don’t want to leave. Of course, there are a few of them though that don’t seem to care and I can just tell that they won’t last long.

I’m hoping that for me, though, these last seven months will fly by without incidents, but this is still prison and you just never know.

Photo: Entrance to Lancaster work camp

No comments:

Post a Comment