I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, January 14, 2010

You've got to want to change

I’m trying harder than I ever have before to change my life because prison is not a place I ever want to return to. I actually want to do something with my life, but something that I noticed (and it’s a sad truth) is that a lot of people that I’m locked up with don’t seem like they want to change their lives. They write letters to their families saying they’re sorry, they’ll do better, and right after they’re done writing the letter, they’re talking about selling dope or robbing people. I just don’t understand how people in prison can plan to do stuff or talk about doing stuff that will put them right back in here.

I’m willing to do anything to not come back. I disappointed my family too many times and I don’t ever want to see that look on their faces again.

Why don’t other people feel this way? It seems like they just don’t care. They’re just gonna do what they want – no matter what anyone else says. It’s sad that they won’t ever change. I wish I could do something, but I’m helpless. They have to want to change and like I said before, it seems like they don’t want to.

3 comments:

  1. You have to keep your head up, and look beyond the others. Sometimes, the best feeling in the world is knowing you're a little better than some people around you. This isn't arrogance, this is confidence.
    You have a lot of people sending good thoughts, and prayers, your way. This alone should give you some of the confidence you need to keep heading in the right direction.
    Concentrate on what you have to do to make it.
    I'm sending good vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PROV 10:17. You're a testimony in itself don't worry God is right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you are describing is called sociopathy. Prisons are rampant with them and there is no cure although some eventually grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete