I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, January 2, 2010

The kitchen

I love working in the kitchen. Even though I just scrub pots and pans all day, it’s still a great job.

Of course, the best thing about the kitchen is the food. There’s always too much food for all of us to eat.


To me, though, that’s not why I like the job so much. I enjoy it so much because everyone in the kitchen is easy to get along with and we all just joke around. Sure we do our jobs, but we have a long break from about 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. and during that time we eat, drink, go outside and just hang out.


If I didn’t get along with the people in the kitchen, I obviously wouldn’t want to work there. Oh yeah, and the COs are cool too. As long as we follow the rules, they stay away from us. What more could I ask for?

Ted currently works from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. in the kitchen, except for Tuesdays and Wednesdays - his days off. He hopes he can become a cook, which would provide good training for a possible future job.

No comments:

Post a Comment