I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hell on Earth

It’s hard to really put into words what prison is really like. Most of society’s worst people live behind these gates. Of course, there are a select few that just made some mistakes, but for the most part, prison is filled with people that will continue to come back again and again. They don’t care about anybody but themselves. They certainly don’t care about you. They might try and act like they do, but don’t be fooled. Your best bet in prison is to stick to yourself and if possible find someone who is trying to better himself.

Prison is truly “Hell on Earth”. You constantly have to watch your back. Even while you’re sleeping, the slightest noise will wake you up. There is no such thing as a good night’s sleep in here.

Another thing, the COs run everything. I’m not saying they’re bad people – it’s just that you always have them around telling you what to do. It gets aggravating.

I think the worst part though is waking up in the morning just knowing you have to do it all over again. I’ll never be able to ever forget one single day here in prison.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ted,
    I just saw the news about your story on the internet. I live in Saskatchewan Canada, and I just want to send out my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Your mom is doing a wonderful job on this blog site, and I truely believe that you will help change a lot of young lives. You know all too well just how hard things can get and I really do appreciate what you are doing and I am so happy that you are choosing to change for the better. You are a wonderful writer, and when you get out, you are going to have a lot of support for many people you don't know to continue on the path that you have now chosen. May our Heavenly Father bless you each and everyday.

    Nikita, 21. SK Canada.

    ReplyDelete