I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why I did what I did

People always want to know why I did some of the things I did and to be honest, I’m not sure I can fully answer that. The best answer I can come up with is because I could.

Once I turned 13, my mom started traveling a lot because of her job, so she wasn’t around much to know what I was really doing. That’s about the same time I joined a gang and started doing drugs. It’s not her fault I started getting into trouble. It was all mine and I don’t blame anybody but myself.

I always knew right from wrong, but I figured that if I just didn’t get caught, I would be alright. Of course it didn’t turn out to be okay, but this is obviously where God wants me to be and to be honest, I think I should be here too. I needed something to stop what I was doing before I killed somebody or myself.

I really don’t think anything would have stopped me from doing the things I did. I liked that lifestyle I was living too much. Now as I think back, though, I realize I was so stupid. I’m just so surprised I didn’t get caught a long time ago. I only got caught doing petty stuff, but for some reason, I always got away with the more serious stuff.

So yes, I deserve to be here, I blame nobody buy myself, and I’m learning from my mistakes.

And who knows? Maybe I can help some people along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment