I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Friday, January 8, 2010

Another Christmas gone

Another Christmas has passed and it was no different from any other day. The only good thing about Christmas was that I got a visit from my mom. Other than that, I still had to go to work in the kitchen and listen to people telling me what to do and what not to do. It really was the same as every other day in prison.

Sometimes throughout Christmas Day, I forget it’s even a holiday. If I didn’t know that it was the 25th of December, I wouldn’t even know it was Christmas. There are no Christmas lights, nobody singing, no gifts or Christmas cards, and most of all – nobody has the Christmas spirit.

Unfortunately people get used to it after awhile. Sure it’s depressing, but there’s nothing I or anybody else here can do about it. All we can do is go about our day and make the best of it, no matter what.

Unlike a lot of people in here though, at least I can say I’ll be out of here next year for Christmas. There will be no more Christmases, Thanksgivings, New Years, 4th of Julys, etc. for me behind razor wire fences. I’ve missed too many already. More than I can count it seems like. It hurts me to even think about it.

The pain is almost over though. Just seven more months to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment