I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finding a purpose in life

Tonight when I was on the phone with my mom, she told me that there are people all over the world that are reading my posts.

I'm not at all bragging, it's just that when I started writing I just never expected anybody outside of my county to read my blog. I only wanted to help others that grew up in the same place I did.

I never thought that my writing would become so popular. Even here in prison, every CO knows about my writing. I can't believe I've been given such a great opportunity to speak to people all over the world.

I've honestly never stuck with anything my whole life until now. I feel like I finally found a purpose. I never thought I would find what I love to do while I'm incarcerated. It only goes to show that no matter what your situation is, you can always improve it and find something that makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment