I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Sunday, January 24, 2010

My new job

For the last two months, I’ve been working in the kitchen washing pots and pans, but just this last week I was promoted to cook.

At first even though I was excited, I was also nervous because the thought of making food for 300 people seemed a little overwhelming.

My first day, though, I realized it was actually pretty easy. All I need to learn were the recipes (which are all written down if I needed them) and where all the different foods were kept. I learned all that in about an hour.

I’ve been a cook for a few days now and it’s a breeze. I really like learning how to make all the different kinds of food. I really expected it to be a lot harder considering my only real cooking experience involved a microwave.

Who knows? Maybe when I get out, I’ll have enough experience to get a job as a cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment