I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

No privacy

I’m so tired of being incarcerated. There’s never a moment when I can have some privacy. There are always other people around me. I just wish I could have 10 minutes alone in silence, but that’s impossible in prison.

After awhile, you get used to it and if you concentrate hard enough, you don’t notice there’s a room full of people around you. I can tune other people out really well, especially when I’m reading or writing. My concentration never lasts though. Someone always wants to come talk to me about something when all I want to do is forget they’re there.

I’ve always been really quiet and shy when I’m around a lot of people, but for some reason I get along with almost everybody.

It’s not that I don’t like people – it’s just that I like to be alone sometimes. Well, I only have to deal with it for seven more months and I’m done. Then I can have all the peace and quiet I want.

Ted tells me the toilets in the dorms are all in the open - there are no stalls. He usually tries to wait to go to the bathroom when he works in the kitchen, which does have a closed toilet.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that toilets with no stalls are inhumane and degrading.

    ReplyDelete