I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm ready to go

I never thought I would say that I'm looking forward to going to prison, but you have to understand that I've literally been in the same room for 11 months without really going outside under the open sky.

Not to mention that Chuck Norris is now working in the pod 3-4 days a week. The other day, he came up to me and said, "Braden, do you know why I have a problem getting along with people, and especially my girlfriend?" I thought he was going to say cause he talks too much or something like that, but instead he said, "It's because I'm always right!"

I pray that no other human should be put through that kind of torture that only Deputy Phillips (aka Chuck Norris) can dish out.

P.S. Chuck Norris is about 15 feet away from me as I write this.

(This entry was written before Ted left the Pinellas County Jail.)

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to save my comment until I got to the end, but felt compelled to write here.

    Ted, you are a BETTER man than Dep. Philips and you KNOW it.

    You have self worth and self esteem, things they can not take from you, unless you let them.

    If the Deputy had a brain, he wouldn't be working in jail. His life is a mess, even in the news, and sadistic aholes like this are DRAWN to Law Enforcement.

    Don't know if it is the power trip or what. From what I have seen in your writing and development - YOU have a better future than Chuck does.

    Hang on buddy, when you get out, there are going to be a LOT of people wanting to talk to you. Hopefully you can have a hand in fixing some of these abuses that occur routinely.

    You are giving people a view that not enough have had, what goes on in prison often flies in the face of a freedom loving people.

    You are raising awareness of that and growing as a person, in the process.

    Am not super religious, but I can see that God is working through you, to attain bigger and better things.

    This is your proving ground, you will be able to draw on these experiences for the rest of your life.

    Norris is a drunk, a sanctioned lowlife in a uniform.

    You are BETTER than him, and time will prove it out. Someday, you can come vist HIM in jail after he beats his wife or kills someone from a DUI.

    Please keep writing, is probably good for you, but there are Greater forces at work here.

    You are going to get another shot at life, just hold on tight until then.

    rick

    ReplyDelete