I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, September 10, 2009

Being focused

Here in this jail, I spent a lot of time thinking about the wrong things.

I would think about what my friends were doing and what I could be doing.

But over the last few months, writing these blog entries has helped me realize what things I should be thinking about.

Now I try to think about what I’m going to do when I get out instead of thinking about what I could be doing if I were out.

Also now instead of thinking of what my friends are doing, I think about going to school and getting a good job.

Changing the way I think is the hardest thing to do, but if I can successfully do it, it will be the most rewarding.

Photo: Ted at Busch Gardens at 15 years old.


1 comment:

  1. With the Good Lord by your side you can do anything you put your mind to. I really don't have much advice other than you've accomplished the biggest obsicle already realizing that you need to work on yourself first and not what your friends are doing. I'll continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete