I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Thursday, September 24, 2009

Good people

The next few entries were sent from Ted just before he left for prison...

Even though I am going to prison, everything I am doing with these blogs is bringing good people back into my life - which is something I really need.

For instance, yesterday my 6th grade science teacher - who I haven't seen in years - came to see me. That meant so much to me. (I don't know if she knows it, but she was the best teacher I every had. I'm sure she'll still be around to teach me new things.)

The biggest thing I've noticed with all these people coming to see me to give me encouragement is that not one of these people have judged what I've done in the past. The only thing any of these people care about is that I do what I'm supposed to do.

It feels great not to have to hide my past. Thank you to all that have come to see me and also to those who have tried to come see me. Your support means the world to me.

A little advice to others - No matter what you do in life - don't cut the good people out of it. I'm just learning that. Having the right kind of people in your life can make the biggest difference!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Teddy--I enjoyed visiting you last week. Your kind words made me cry. I still consider you "one of my kids," and I don't give up on my kids. Any thinking person will know that we are all one or two bad decisions away from where you are now. I was so glad to hear how you are turning your life around, and I am convinced and am praying that you will continue. Do not get discouraged. Hebrews 13:5 promises that "He will never leave thee nor forsake thee." What a comfort! Love, Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--I haven't forgotten to get you a list of books; I'm just slow. I'll mail it to you later on this week. We talked about a photographer who took pics of flowers reflected in dew. I can't find him, but here are a couple of links, when/if you have access, to some great shots:
    http://pixdaus.com/single.php?id=180500
    http://pixdaus.com/single.php?id=191740
    Love, Mrs. H

    ReplyDelete