I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A message for the judge

Like I said a few blogs ago when I went to court on September 8th, I thought I was going home, but instead the judge told me I was going to prison for 24 months – NO LESS!

At first I just thought she was being mean, but now I realize it’s for the best.
Even though I REALLY DON”T WANT TO GO TO PRISON, it’ll be a new experience and hopefully by me going there and writing about it, other youths will realize what prison is really like and hopefully make better decisions so that they don’t end up like me.
But back to what I really want to say…I don’t know if my sentencing judge reads my blogs or not, but I just want to say to her that even though she sentenced me to 24 months in prison, I know that you only want to see youths such as myself make a better future for ourselves. I truly believe that.
You told me yourself that you wanted to see me turn my life around and I’m trying very much to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ted.....I just wanted to tell you that you may help some one that I no. He is just like you (no Offense)and has done some things like this to......but if he does not change he is going to live life in jail....and well he has so much going for him and a lot of people dont even no who he is anymore.....and may be by showing him your story it will help him change! I hope that you keep writing! I am a regular reader. I hope that you make the right choices when you get out and turn your life around!!!!YOU CAN DO ANY THING THAT YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO!!!!!!!!And if you are wondering how I found out about you is the article in the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted, I wanted you to know that I'm reading your blog every day to the kids in my class at a residential treatment center in Hillsborough. It really gets their attention and is a great start to our day. I think the immediacy of what you're writing has a positive effect on them. They believe it is real. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts. As I get letters they've written back to you, I will try to post them too.

    ReplyDelete