I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Saturday, September 5, 2009

My goals

The last couple of weeks, a lot of different people have asked me what my goals are when I am released.

At first, I told them that I didn’t know – but that answer scared me – because if I didn’t have something to work toward when I get out, then I would soon be doing what I was doing before.

Now after many nights lying in bed thinking, I came up with an answer.

Even though I have a bad criminal record, I am going to college to study English and photography.

By accomplishing that, I can accomplish my other goal – to tell everybody that even though the life I was living seemed so appealing at the time, in fact I was making the same mistakes over and over again.

I’d also like to write a book about my experiences. I have more stories than could possibly be written about in this blog. Maybe somewhere, somehow, it could change at least one life.

One thing I have learned if nothing else is that without a goal and something to work toward – no matter your intentions – you are doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment