I've spent two years in prison relaying stories sent by letters to a blogger about my crimes, arrests, and life in four Florida prisons, the Pinellas County Jail, juvenile detention and drug rehab. I'm sending a message to others not to make the same mistakes I did.


Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wasted years

Two years of my life gone…and for what? A couple hundred dollars. I could’ve made that in a week working a decent job. I was too hard-headed for that though. I just wanted quick money and I didn’t care how I got it.

I’ve robbed people, broke into houses, sold drugs and sold my stuff. I loved money, but I loved to get high and have a good time more. It’s been that way since the first time I ever smoked weed. Sure I’ve had a lot of fun, but when I think back to all the people I’ve hurt, it just wasn’t worth it. It only took me seven years to realize it.

I could never repay all the money I’ve stolen. I put myself where I am today.

Hopefully, the people I hurt can forgive me, but I know there is no reason why they should and I wouldn’t hold it against them if they didn’t. All I can do is continue what I’m doing and hopefully inspire others before they make the same mistakes I did.

2 comments:

  1. When I was away at college, someone broke into my family's home to steal money, jewelry and two of their cars for drug money. Those things are all replaceable, in the long run what was actually stolen was a sense of security in my childhood home. I now have to call my parents' home every night to make sure they're safe, and even four years later, I can't shake the idea that a stranger was in my childhood bedroom, or what could have happened if I had been home that weekend.

    Maybe you could apologize to the people you've hurt for something more important than the money, because it's a reasonable guess that they will never feel safe again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. few week ago I felt some pains and I went to the hospital my doc told me I had hpv about 1 yr and I need to start the treatment early, he gave me some medicine to be taking and I told him no I’ll not, because I hated taking medicine when I won’t not see cure for the purpose. After I got home I started getting worried searching for strong advice and I found valid natural treatment online lot people says they got hpv cure from Dr onokun and I email Dr Onokun 3 days passed, I purchase his cure online some weeks after the process taking his treatment i got cured. I went for checkup twice after taking the natural treatment from the herbalist called Dr onokun and i tested negative. contact him on email: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete